Wednesday 5 September 2007

Fantastic 40 - Application Template install problems

I've been trying to get the Fantastic 40 templates to install for a few demos, and have encoutnered the following error:

Feature '' is not installed in this farm, and can not be added to this scope.

In my over excitement to get things working straight away, I ignored the most basic of needs of installing Site Admin templates in the Fantastic 40, i.e. I did not install the Application Core Teamplate. I skipped the installation instructions on the download page and only read the instructions in the readme, and assumed that I should change ApplicationCoreTemplate.wsp to the ApplicationTemplate I was actually installing.

Obviously, when I tried to create the template (Job Requistition and Interview Management) I got the error above. Afer some trouble shooting, I realised my mistake, installed the Application Core Template, and got everything working :)